...or at least TRYING to!

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." ~Psalm 118:24



Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rooms Without A View...Unless You Count The Mess!

     The current state of the rooms of both of my boys is tragic.  Really REALLY tragic.  As in, enter at your own risk tragic.  When number one was born, he had a perfect little room.  All nicely decorated and ready to welcome him home.  When my daughter was born her room, too, was cute.  Not quite as nicely decorated, as we'd just moved into our new house, but still pretty and welcoming by the time she was in there.  (It has since been re-done in a bigger girl theme perfectly suited to her little five-year-old flavor.)  My oldest was kicked out of his room when number three came along.  Since then both oldest and youngest (boys) have never had a real room.  Their rooms are full of boxes, toys and junk.  No personality or flavor for either of them.  I hate it.  I feel horrible that their spaces are so cluttered and only used for sleeping in. 
     As we get closer to moving #3 into a big bed, I think the time has come to dig in and do something about their rooms.  I think a re-arranging of beds is in order, some major de-cluttering, some paint if I can manage it, some bedding, and for sure some furniture swapping. 
#1 will get the bunk beds, as he'll use them for sleepovers and such before anyone else.  #2, I think will loose the full bed she's been used to, and gain the trundle bed.  And little man (#3), will get the full bed so that he is less likely to roll out of it at night. 
     #1 loves red, and the bunk bed is red, so that works nicely.  He also has a light blue chair in there.  I think we'll either add some more blues or grays and maybe black as accents.  #3 is still too young to care, so he gets what Mommy feels for : right now that's orange.  Yes, you heard me right, ORANGE.  And grey.  And maybe blue...but for sure orange!  Before pictures of both rooms coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment